Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Cloroxing Pinecones

how to bleach your pinecones for an unusual beautiful effect, christmas decorations, crafts, decoupage, seasonal holiday decor
Okay, Readers-

Here is an idea for your decorations on a dime. I promised to do my best to bring the best posts!

Gently pour bleach over the pinecones, cover and soak overnight or longer

Dry on paper towels for a few days to reopen, or if impatient, put in a 275 degree oven for 1 hr. You can tell that the color of the scales have changed, but the beauty is yet to be seen
(I"m the impatient type so I may put a pine cone in the oven when Padre isn't looking. )







This pinecone is decorated with a mixture of seed beads, glitter, mod podge and champagne color .

This pinecone is decorated with a mixture of seed beads, glitter, mod podge and champagne color glitter paint.                             
 got impatient and put the pinecones in a 275 degree oven for an hour. That worked!

********************************************************************************
I hate having Clorox around simply because it bleaches things I don't want bleached, but this looks like a cute idea for fall and winter because I already have all the supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive