Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Entyvio Loading Dose Day

 
 
Today is the day!
 
 Loading Dose Day
 
 Week ZERO of Entyvio!
 
I thought it only proper to go through some personal checks with my body much in the same way a pilot does before take off in his plane.
 
Joint Pain? Check
 
Muscle Cramping? Check
 
Intestinal Pain? Check
 
You get the drill! All systems need it to go! So I got online to read the pamphlet on Entyvio that is so new, there are some translation kinks that need ironing out.
 
One of the lines that had me laughing was the wording for how the med is administered. I am used to the word: "Intravenously". Means I am tethered to an IV pole for a looonnngg time in a room with others stuck to the beeping thing for our medications to upload.
 
 
 Well, this med is so new, that there seems to be a need for translators. Because this is what it read:
 
"the infusion will be given to you by a doctor or nurse in a hospital through a drip in one of the veins in your arm." In one word: intravenously. Because this is an Infusion.
 
 
And there was a caution to...
 
"..Not drive or 'use tools' if I am dizzy." (I am sure they meant heavy machinery on some sort of construction job, etc. )
 
This was hilarious to me today  because I actually had plans to use some tools later in the day if I felt up to it.  (The hammer today to hang some pictures and possibly use Padre's drill to hang my magnet board in a different place. So I will have to put off using my tools today! Darn!
 
How did they come to this conclusion? Did those who tested it have a bunch of lab coat wearing, clipboard carrying people watching what a patient would do if they handed him/her a hammer?
 
When the patient dropped it on his foot, hit his thumb, or started to hammer her head instead of the wall did they frantically write down the information?
 
Did the patient try to use her measuring tape to see how much burlap was needed to put over the cork board she had and instead of measuring the material started to measure the store owner?
 
Sorry, this is patient humor.
 
When I got to the end of the information available on Entyvio I read it could take 14 weeks to see a difference, I was a bit bummed.
 
*********
 
I'm Done!
 
Wasn't a big deal. At least I haven't felt like it thus far and I have been home with J. doing our after school routine.
 
Which, in organization corners, would mean he dutifully went to his homework station, took it out, then went to the command center to find out when practice is, etc.
 
I have decided that "I" am the command center. Wherever I am, that is where they look for the command.
 
And homework station is a very fluid area. Read at his bean bag. Or on my ottoman. Or my bed. Or his bed.
 
One thing is for sure- we need a clip board if he is roving. Kidding! No Worries!
He is studiously working on it in the vicinity that I had picked while I am wondering if any of my symptoms are from the new med or how I would have felt had I been sitting here cracking the whip on J. as he did his homework.

***

Got nauseated at 1 in the morning. Thank goodness for Zofran. Today I feel a bit like a bug hit me.
And it's a little slower going thank goodness for a place to be, heal, and take on this new drug.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive