Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sublime Key Lime Recipe



Key Lime Cake recipe for your patience through some long posts! This is actually J. B.'s recipe, my neighbor a few doors down.

Key Lime Cupcakes/ Cake

24 oz. Vanilla cake base

3 oz. Lime Jello mix

1/4 C. granulated sugar

4 eggs

1 C. sour cream

1/4 C. of water

1/4 C. Key Lime juice (plus a couple tsps.)

2.5 oz of oil. (1/4 C. plus a couple tsps.)

Mix Together and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.


Key Lime Frosting

1/2 C. butter

4 oz. Cream Cheesee

2 lb. powdered sugar (maybe a bit more)

3 oz Key Lime Juice

2 drops food coloring

After the party, I wrapped up the leftovers in Saran Wrap and when J. and I had it the next day, it was even better! It makes it more like the Key Lime Pie; cold and cool. Tropical and divine. Yum.... my mouth is watering and I wish I could lick the spoon right now.

Below is my neighbor's Valentine Idea... just a clever idea if you get in the mood to make 'bra and undie' cookies for a special someone!


Blog Archive