Monday, January 19, 2015

The Wreaths- What we Love



Readers,

I had to re-post this pic from some time ago. I've been reading my past posts lately ; I've been hurting at night and it helps to go back and remember. I had this picture under the title: "Wreaths."
Because it was the holidays but these were the only wreaths adorning my door! Pretty adorable when I look back.

Anyway, I had just been talking to a friend about J's love of basketball and all the different sports.
Well, this was something I had forgotten J.'s hoop obsession. I mean we are talking not one, but two basketball hoops.

Two hoops. Not one. Two, Readers.

Oh, my. I can say I am grateful to not have the constant thud on my door.
In a way I miss it ..... uh, oh. I feel some sentimental-ness over J. growing up! Better stay on track here.

Back to the "Wreaths". You, Reader, know I  got into a major wreath making ordeal in the early fall and into the winter. No, I was not making basketball hoops but the actual wreath for decoration.   I still am in the wreath obsession for some reason but I have just been too ill to do it. And that is only because I have to finish a couple that had come to mind.

One wreath- will have to go on the back burner for next year because it is so intricate. But I have to say this- I LOV-ed doing them. In the midst of my misery, I found something to calm my mind.
I loved looking at different ideas of others and then adding my signature style to it.

Granted some screamed:

"This chick is on prednisone."

But others turned out to be pretty darn cute if I say so myself. And I inspired others to elaborate on what I started and it was fun.

I learned about the feel of different yarn, what was cheap and what was cheap but looked great.

During my difficulties and afflictions I found that there were things that I could do to help me endure. And to bring joy. Maybe it isn't a big deal to most. And like I said in another post: 'They will probably end up on an aisle in the DI- they gave me something to do; a goal. Just like J's hoops on my door- he loved the heck outta playing basketball.

He loves a lot of things and when he goes and does them he has a fat smile on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive