Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bucky Balls

You all must check this amazing thing online. They are an amazing little string of magnetic balls that can entertain for hours. My neighbor's kid had them and a group of us were mesmerized for hours. Perfect for sacrament meeting and I'm not just talking about the adults. The little ones will keep quiet at least an hour. They are pricey. But the chemistry around it is quite cool. I had to google bucky balls and find out more about them. And I still don't grasp it!

The book for the day is Les Miserables. The unabridged version. In the movie Fantine is played by Uma Thermon and she does a great job, but you need to read it to get the true angst of her character.
Lately the song: 'I dreamed a dream' has been all over Utube because of the English sensation Susan Boyle. That song captures Fantine and when you read about her in the book... it will make it that more special and understood. I was at the library a year ago and ran into a guy that said the best version of the movie was done in French with English subtitles. I have tried to get it ordered through the IF library so hopefully they will ok it. The actor in it is Depardieu or something. I think the guy wanted to watch it with me because he commented that I had nice skin and gave me his work card. Which I threw away.
He was a lawyer though, and they can come in handy at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive