Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Still Here... Stay tuned


 
*picture courtesy of National Geographic
 
I don't know how many times I have opened up our Spring break post and added something. Read some of it. But I am, of course, dueling with disease while trying to write and it is hard.
Especially when I am trying to "Go Pro" at being a mom and failing miserably.
 
That just gave me an idea....
(it's all the rave to put cool you tube videos up of snowboarding, etc. What would it be like if I just put on J's helmet, put on a cam and uploaded it for all parents, everywhere? insert laugh here.)
 
 
The last few weeks have held amazing highs, literally- like in Alta, Wyoming, high.
 
 And then lows- like right now.
 
 I am sitting here with wet hair and contemplating placing an order on some mouth swabs from a medical supply store. - I know. Don't be jealous. But remember to take care of your teeth- starts with healthy bones, flossing, and brushing. And mouth washes are good.
 
BUT
 
as you age, weird things start to happen in there.
 
It hurts to brush.
My mouth is so tender and raw and must look like the rest of my digestive tract.
I'm on Imuran to anyone who is reading this and wondering:
 
"What are the side effects?"
OR:
 
"Should I go on this cause it makes your immune system drop even more and you have to do lab work all the time to check for pinky toe failure?"
 
OR
 
"Will this make me more susceptible to another Shingles outbreak?"
(this is a big one, folks. Shingles isn't just for old people.)
 
The day's good news to report...
 I have watched some TV. Couple of movies over the past five days. Both involved shipwrecks and so typing right now, feels like me out bouncing on the waves in a life raft with a tiny pencil and notebook. -- Life Preserving companies need to add more pencils and paper to their kits.
 
So if any of them are reading this- MORE PAPER and PENCILS! Oh, and a pencil sharpener. I hate using a knife to sharpen one.
 
Oh, and I watched General Conference which generally is long for even the best of us who belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
 
Normally, I take notes. But this time I just listened and thought, and let what was said speak to me personally. It was really good.
 
I think I need to listen again and take note.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive