Thursday, January 2, 2014

Best Yet and The Motto We Wanna Say n Do


*******After writing this over the course of a few days I have permanently decided to put down our motto- what I have been saying to J. in O 13, and what I will continue to say to myself and him.

DO IT.
DO IT RIGHT
DO IT RIGHT NOW.

Of course we modify the motto. J. said Mow Toe and I laughed the other day when he was looking for the word moto or logo. Anyway, this saying seems Marine Core tough. It is. But I've learned that it is like play dough kept in the fridge, you can mold it around a situation.

Enjoy... and Best this New Year! Keep ideas, inspiration, thoughts, and calls coming!
Thanks to all who read this, and me, and J. It is source of contentment for me to come to my blog. I have allowed it to be my Journal outloud in the hopes of helping someone.

Even if it is just me!

Below is one of my yarns. Enjoy. Pictures later. When the time and health permit,

                ***********************************************************


The flu knocked down family parties last night like the power lines got bowled over by the Idaho cold.
Last year, I mean night, J. and I got to ring in the new year making toast with Apple Cider with the Padres.  The news came on quickly after we toasted- using Mom's fine china black goblets and Dad using his Rush Limbaugh glasses that keep things cold or hot.

While healthy people played Monopoly and laughed we watched the weatherwoman tell that Malad Pass had an earth quake! Mild one but it added to the mayhem happening on the hill last night.
Lots of snow and blowing wind for anyone who wanted to cross the pass in hazardous conditions!

So I lived through what the end of the year threw at me. I got to spend some quality time with my Grandma, catch a bug going around, knock it out with some anti-biotics, so I was healthy enough for Remicade to try and kill me!

That day was the funnest one of last month's and I have to hand it to the nurse who heard me wheezing (they had forgot to hook me up to any monitors- minor oversight, really.) "Nurse."
(too bad there isn't a squished font that could protray struggling and suffocating. It would paint a better picture.

Since I couldn't and can't paint, I took a picture instead to archive the moment. And send to folks sick in other states.

Heck, did I mention one of my friends called and informed me that their Family party got cancelled too? They have 9 kids that are all married and have kids so it is a big deal and amps up the chances of multiple people being sick and warranting a cancelling of celebrating together.

Where was I? Oh, the lack of oxygen getting to my head. I turned bright red, felt hot. And it looks like even with Gargantuan doses of prednisone, my body has outsmarted Remicade on its third try!

Ha!

My immune system might be out of whack but it sure can put a stop to things!

Like today. My body was minding its own business when suddenly I was feeling hot.
Despite all the secrets I had like staying away from sick folks, covering coughs, and washing hands; I got a fever.

My face was screaming again and looked like it did Friday but for other reasons. I could breath this time and that was a huge plus. With a striped hat, some outdated Old Navy scarf from a clearance rack, and doubled up in Padre's work Polos he never wears- I sweat out a nice fever on the
first day of the year!

J., mildy looked on as he did target practice with the boxes Amazon sent us for Christmas.
Possibly he wondered if he was completely nursed back to health from the bug strain he is packing around like a horse packs around stuff for their owners. (I am afraid to say anything like packing around beefed jerky, or Cast Irons for fear that we'd be viewed as not be careful.

I can assure I was only pinged once by a pellet and it barely bruised me through the blankets while I sat on Buck the Recliner.

While J. was gone I was able to do things like I mentioned above- see my grandmother and sit in a recliner next to her, and help her in any way possible. We also had a contrived concert involving someone with tons more talent than me, come and play the piano, for over an hour, right next to Grandma.

Anything she thought of or handed him by way of sheet music, he played. And played well
. It was hard not to get choked up. Here we were in her living room that I know so well, a concert pianist playing the keys on a piano that happened to be tuned just two weeks prior.

Miracle. The fact she made it through one tough spot surprised me. Parkinson's disease is very complicated and I didn't know that it would affect the digestive system by way of the muscles.
And like a lot of folks, I figured your digestive system stopped at  your stomach when I thought of her.

Duh. It, meaning Parkinson's Disease climbs up the esophagaus, clenches onto the back of the throat and makes swallowing, one day, impossible. So then what? No wonder the mouth was really affected and sensitive.

When you hear that she can eat whatever she wants or not to force someone to eat because they might be choking on it- it is deflating. The whole premise of keeping someone hydrated and "pushing fluids" is obsolete! (I hate that saying btw. Push Fluids. It's like what they do to prisoners in 'Boober Bay' when water boarding someone. "Hey, remember to push fluids."

Check.

So what do you do? Sit there and listen to a pianist. And take note that she is getting the chills and wonder if it is from going out to the Dr. or it's what everyone in the nation is passing around.

Kiss her head and go home in the snow. With Padre. I got partnered up with him while J. was gone and it was a lot of fun. Later that night I started to cry. I picked up a real phone and called my Gpa's real phone.

I cried to him.

He promised me that I could come over any time I wanted, day or night. He'd get in the car and come pick me up. What he doesn't know was the couple days with Grandma were the only window of health I have had in a long time.

So I just write her letters.

How did I start on that? Oh, this is a 'Best of' type post! And her life definitely is a best of.
We shared some smiles, oh Parkinson's takes those too eventually. And I got to rub her feet for her which helps the stress. Ya know?

I saw a brother that works in the oil fields. That was a treat. Honestly. That makes me emotional too.

On Christmas Eve I got to spread the magic with my nieces and nephews, who sadly live in distant places now. Which is hard when you are around little nuggets on a regular basis, and then it changes!
You worry! Even if it isn't your kid! And they are so cute! So, like J., we pray they STAY cute!

I learned a lot from researching. Like about electricity after getting shocked on Christmas.
Saved our home from a potential- maybe- house fire! How cool and inexpensive was that mishap?

Right!

When J. came home and I shared my knowledge from our body being a resistor to ear wax actually having anti-biotic purposes- he asked me where I had been. I told him. Then he said:

"I thought you'd gone to an aquarium or something." This was probably because I told him whales have ear wax.

He only left a couple important things like his Utes jersey and the book he needed to read at his Grandma's in another state.

Santa came here and I left it all right in the same place until he could come and enjoy opening it with me! I am so blessed. Not only did I not leave my peppermint chapstick at the Infusion Center at Eastern Idaho Regional Med. Center, I had a great Christmas.

And now today, due to the fever, I got to just sit and watch It's a Wonderful Life. Again.
While Padre looked for the tail end of the wire that shocked me. It apparently wasn't grounded, had been sawed into by whoever put in the plate and the insulation around it was cracked and crumbling in his hands. He said something about it being done half way and spliced incorrectly and a bunch of other electrical terms that went over my head.

The first day of the new year. It actually just feels the same. But we have made some modifyable goals.

Just got a text basketball starts tomorrow. oh, boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive