Friday, December 24, 2010

Waffle Cookie Recipe



K- here is the ruthless recipe. I handed J the cam to take pictures of me.



I don't know why he would think taking one of my bum was what I wanted. Maybe it was of the stool- which you'll need to sit on to make these.

I am about ready to tear off the wool, Christmas sweater and make these tedious things in the buff. Because I am sweating.

If you are a Chemist or like to solve riddles, do Sodoku, Crossword Puzzles; try this recipe on for size.

I will include my instructions later in the blog.



My first is don't make them if you are in a hurry, in fact, just wait till you retire and take your time perfecting these cookies.

1 Cup Sugar
1/2 C Butter (let this sit out and come to room temperature. my hint gathered from the Pros)

2 Eggs
2 Cups Flour (sift this, I guess)
1/2 C Cocoa
1/2 Cup Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp Baking Powder


In her cursive hand writing she has written: Mix together and drop by Teaspoon onto hot waffle iron. Bake about 1 1/2 minutes to 2 minutes.

Frost with Philadelphi Cream Chees frostin- Cream Chgees - Butter and powder sugar-mix to right consistency.


???? Grandma, where are you?

Okay folks. My version:



1. Do the frosting earlier. Put in fridge and pull it out along with the butter to thaw to room temp.

2. Do your nails or something to waste time- No use this time to get a reliable waffle iron. Medium heat.

3. Once butter is thawed, beat it into the sugar.

4. Switch beaters.

5. Add eggs and SIFTED flour, little by little add the flour.

6. Mix this for a bit. Then add SIFTED Cocoa

7. Add the vanilla baking powder

Use a Tablespoon to dig the cement-like concoction from the mixing bowl.

Ball it up or flatten it like the Indians make flat bread. Tell me which works best.

Set a stool right by the iron. Play your fav. music.

Spray generous amounts of Span on the iron as you go.

Good Luck! If you have any, they will turn out like Grandma Nellis' and live on in your children's memory, or yours, for eternity.

8. Go buy a Presto Waffle Maker- my neighbors have one and that may just be the trick to evenly cookin these things without going crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive