Wednesday, November 30, 2011

THE Salad



My mouth waters any time I think of this salad. All the different onions and peppers burst in your mouth. The first time I had it was at the Thompson's. I can't remember what else we had but this salad became made lettuce legendary. There is no name, so I named it: THE Salad. I made it on Thanksgiving and recalled how much I love it.


I have to share it.

Lettuce-- ice berg, Romaine, Spinach (sorry I left these other ingredients out of my post for so long.)
Cabbage-- you can use this, or not.

Tomatoes-- Cherry or Roma (I hold these out until right before serving or let people add them to the salad themselves so the leftovers keep.)

Slice the next three ingredients

1 REd Bermuda onion
1 Green Pepper
1 Yellow


Traditional Feta Cheese, crumbled
Parmesan Cheese  (The slivered kind)

Good Season Garlic and Herb seasoning.
White Balsamic Vinegar (Yes, you need Balsamic. White Wine Vinegar might work if you add a pinch of sugar. Supposedly. You won't find it at Wal-Mart. I found it at a larger Albertsons. Good luck! It DOES make a difference. It brings out that Feta cheese!!

Don't add the dressing until right before serving or do the same with the Cherry Tomatoes and let people add it before they eat! ( so leftovers don't get soggy and you can re-enjoy)

If I get a hankering I add other vegetables like carrots or mushrooms. Play around with it and see if you get other good combos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive