Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rain or Shine


On the mornings I take my son we see two girls that walk to school. Rain or shine.

They live in my neighborhood and I am always impressed when I see them. One is older; the other is first grade. They always look happy to walk 'uphill both ways.'

It brightened my day to see colorful umbrellas happily dancing along the sidewalk.

As we neared the school today, we also noticed three boys congregated around a puddle in the sidewalk. I thought they might jump in it and waited for the inevitable as the youngest, a kindergartner, cautiously dipped his toe. I cringed knowing the foot would be wet all day.

Suddenly in a rush they took off running the littlest one's backpack swaying, their faces a picture of mischief and smiles. I wondered if they'd seen Loch Ness or something but

not knowing what ignited the frenzy. Jaden confirmed the reason while laughing he said: "they must have squished a worm."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive