Friday, January 1, 2010

Feel Like Crying


Do you ever feel like crying? For no particular reason? Maybe it is because my baby is sick and there isn't anything I can do about it.

A tooth is on the verge of falling out and on top of it his little lip has a blister on it, it was huge when he came home and is finally is going back down. Add a cough on top of it and stomache pains and wall-a. heartache.

It didn't help that the day was spent researching editors and publishing houses. One of J's favorite books from the library has been: The Horned Toad Prince. A fractured fairy tale that I am loving lately, too. So I checked out the author's web site. Jackie Mims Hopkins inspired my future author blog with her personal bio. And the illustrator, Michael Austin makes me want to find books drawn by him, too.

The publisher, Peach Tree, out of GA, takes UN's. (unsolicited) ms (manuscripts).
So I tried to research the editor, Helen Harris. And there are gobs of them. Which one is it? Good qustion. Personalized the query, checked the ms and then went back to my reading of The Children's Writer's and Illustrator's Guide.

And now I NEED to blog about it. sigh. I can't even watch a movie with out working! And to top it off, my hopes of meeting Eduardo Verastegui are waning. did I not mention him? sigh.. life is so tough.

Maybe if I learn to rope like Reba Jo in The Horned Toad Prince, I might increase my chances. That, or I could kiss a toad. Read this book!

And if you need to find Eduardo, he has a film company called Metanoia films along with starring in a movie called Bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive