Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunday Best and Back to School


(picture rites belong to blogger's son who is now my photgrapher)

Ahh, we are into August and panic is setting in for J.


He has wanted all vacations, activities and minutes mapped out so he knows just how much time he has to sleep in, stay up late and otherwise refrain from any formal learning.

I have been secretly feeding him information by disguising it while we are out and about.

First off, cred to Emersonmade who made Sunday Best even Better and warranted a sweet and sincere compliment from my son,

His comment:

"Mom, you look Hot. Like a school girl, or something."



Thanks so much!

The red signature carnation went perfect with my disheveled, vintage tie. (I asked Padre to tie it Sunday morning and, coincidentally, he was upstairs standing in front of the mirror doing the same thing. Exasperated, he let his tie hang around his neck and did a crude job on mine- distgusted that tie manufacturers these days don't make ties long enough.



It seamlessly went from the Church Pew to the Casual Cut off Jeans afterward to business formal with a striped shirt and slacks.



I didn't know how Dandy your little tinies could be, Emersonmade!!!!!!

So, back to my back to school sentiments

The other day I walked upstairs to see a Permission Slip on the table. It was in Padre's distinct, swoopy cursive handwriting.

"Amanda," it read, " you are welcome to use my computer." He then signed it: "Dad".

Having been trained in the art of deception, he can quickly find out when his stuff has been used. Photgraphic memory helps.

I have my own computer but on occassion have to get into his picture archives.

Interagation style, he complained: "Funny, even though you are on your own computer I am still getting some floppybutt page up on my computer." DOH! I froze. I thought I had been stealth-like in his office.

(I blame you, telephone company and employer of Padre, for sending him to all those computer classes teaching him how to track every key stroke of a computer!!)

"Pops!" I answer defensively. "Can I help if mom wants to read my blog?" I lied.

"Amanda, its those kinds of sites that pick up and drag in all the junk I have to stay up late to clean up."

So you can imagine my shock when I saw the permission slip.

There you have it, I am letting all of blog -o -sphere know that, I, have documented permission to use Padre's computer. Like an obstanate teen sluffin' class, I would have done anyway.But to formally have him allow me the freedom is quite touching. And almost as bonding as the moment he tried to show me how to tie a tie.



Well, I am making a bold goal on here since J has to start learnin' again, I will step it up, too.

I am going to finish what I started with the Spanish language.

Many moons ago I played a small stint as a Sister missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saintsm in a big city. Where I really stuck out with my blonde hair.

Last fall, after a lot of years, I tried to re- learn this language. I stared to check out bi-lingual books from the library and reading them out loud.

Soooo... with the help of a calling that required I really know it and stumbling onto a blog: 'The Unapologetic Mexican, who is now El Machete or something, I am going blog-bilingual.

Did I just write that? Como (what) am I thinking?

And I am not even going to cheat. It will be the real deal; me looking up the words in the dictionary, or googling them.

(El Machete lives in Sweden is American and is not sorry he's Mexican. I don't even know how I ran onto it on a google search. But this Mexican/American/Swede can WRITE. Granted, I only read three or four posts. But I like his style he can really weave a sentence. I need to research this hombre further, but you can be assured I wouldn't put something on here that isn't Quality.

Do NOT fret.

Be glad. My posts will be short. And don't expect it till September. It's still summer!

(translating is like editing; writers hate that aspect. It slows us down mid creativity.)

Well, I have to go. Madre just informed me that one of Padre's new shirts required 'drip dry' and I put it in the dryer.

I might lose the permission he gave me earlier this week!!!!!!!!!!!! I need those archives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (the woes of a stay-at-home daughter)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive