Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pause this Prayer



The other night after finishing a book about a Tree never picked from a Christmas Tree farm, we talked about hopes and dreams. A picture from the storybook was exactly the kind of house I'd like to live in. It had a barn for airplanes. Jaden asked me to wait to buy it until he was 14. (when he could fly.)

Then we knelt for prayer and I mentioned of few of those dreams, Jaden looked up and said: "Can you pause this prayer?" He came back with an airplane and clutched it the rest of the prayer.

After seeing a movie on Saturday we walked home from our neighbors at dusk to the 'familiar sound of shovels scraping snow of the sidewalk.' I mentioned that to Jaden and he said I should put "that in my book."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive