Friday, November 20, 2009

The Needed Miracle



The author, Richard Bach, in his book: A Gift of Wings had a foreward to his work. He talked about being discouraged earlier in his writing career and on the day that "Early in the year that my Ford was reposseses I wrote a note to me across some calendar squares where a distant Bach might find it.

'How did you survive to this day? From here it looks like a miracle was needed. Did the Johnathon Seagull book get published? Any films? What totally unconcerned new projects? Is it all better and happier? What do you think of my fears? ' "

Then he signed it. And answered himself in the forward: " 'You survived because you decided against quitting when the battle wasn't much fun... that was the only miracle required. Yes, Johnathon finally was published. The film ideas and a few other you hadn't thought of, are just beginning. Please don't waster time worrying or being afraid.' "

I need to try that letter but in the mean time this is where I need to study and write.