Friday, December 25, 2009

Blocked Writer


Most writers deal with writer’s block; I deal with “block the writer”.

This form of blocking happens when the writer sits down at the computer and is immediately presumed to not be working, but noodling around on the computer; like a hobby to be put down at the drop of a hat, in order to do more important things; like cleaning the toilet.

“Amanda, that toilet could use a shining.” Dad will holler from the kitchen.

“I did, three days ago.” I callfrom the computer room. Now where was that train of thought going before I was derailed?

“Well, it needs it again.” He responds, equally annoyed that I would ignore his request.

My six year old son does have a problem with aim, so it isn’t a rash request.
This stymies me because he doesn’t struggle with his aim on the basketball court, in fact his form is quite good. But until he can master it on the home court, I head to the bathroom and shine it up.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive